SOURCES1. Microsoft (R) Encarta. Copyright (c) 1994 Microsoft Corporation. Copyright (c) 1994 Funk & Wagnall's Corporation.
2. Max E. Sauerbry (member of Compuserve Genealogy forum).
3. Max E. Sauerbry (member of Compuserve Genealogy forum).
4. Compuserve Genealogy Forum file prepared by STEPHEN BASSETT KYNER 16 JUL 1993.
5. Research done by Glenn Carpenter.
6. GENEALOGY OF THE DECENDANTS OF ALEXANDER ALVORD by Samuel Morgan Alvord, A.D. Andrews Printer, Webster, NY, 1908. Available at the Vt. Historical Library, Montpelier, Vermont.
7. Information on the ancestors of Thomas Alford was obtained from a gedcom file (Collins.ged) in the Compuserve Genealogy forum. File was created 27 Dec 1994 by Ronald Wayne Collins.
8. Massachusetts Marriage records.
9. "Descendants of Joseph Loomis in America and his Antecedents in the Old World"
original by Elias Loomis LL.D. 1875
revised by Elisha S. Loomis Ph.D. 1908.
10. See N.E. Hst. and Gen. Reg. Jun 3 1901.
11. Simeon E. Dwinell Diary.
12. Records copyrighted August 1993 by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
These records obtained by David Raese and forwarded to Caleb Pitkin in Aug 1996.
13. North Carolina Birth Index.
14. Birth Records of Massachusetts.
15. Death Record, Town of Wrentham, MA.
16. Marriage Records of Sharon, MA.
17. ANDERSON, ROBERT CHARLES. The Great Migration Begins, Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633. Three Volumes. Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995. 2386p. Page 168.
18. Vermont Vital Records.
19. Conger's "Genealogies in Newark".
20. Jim & Daphne Holden.
21. California Death Index.
22. Aaron Tyler Bliss and John Homer Bliss. Genealogy of the Bliss Family in America. Published by the author, Midland, Michigan, 1982.
23. A biography of Mary Adelle Bradley Blachly was written by Ruth Bradley, the wife of her nephew Harold Cornelius Bradley. The book is entitled "Dellie" and was published in 1967 by the Ber-Cal Publishing Company, 2639 Durant Avenue, Berkeley, California.
24. Information on the ancestors of Peter and Frances Bulkeley was obtained from a gedcom file (Collins.ged) in the Compuserve Genealogy forum. File was created 27 Dec 1994 by Ronald Wayne Collins.
25. The Burbeck Genealogy by Allan Beal Burbeck,
Revised by his daughter Madelen Burbeck Baltzer, 1959, annotated. Photocopy provided by David Raese, 1996.
26. Interview with Peg Abbott, sister of Hazel Carpenter. Interview, Jan. 1996.
27. Information obtained from this individual, an aquaintance, or family member. Clara Smith, sister, David Smith, nephew, Barbara Carpenter, daughter-in-law.
28. Letters, notes, and journals in the possession of Caleb Pitkin. Journals of Howard Carpenter in the possession of David Smith, 1995.
29. Research done by Glenn Carpenter. Glenn cites the Hardwick, Mass. Veterans Roll for reference to Nathan, Sr.
30. "Clement Genealogy" by Percival Clement.
31. "Cleveland Genealogy" by Edmund Janes Cleveland. Printed for the subscribers in 1898 by Case, Lockwood, and Brainard, Hartford, Connecticut.
32. Marriage Record.
33. Rhode Island Archives State Birth Register 1859 pg 86.
34. Information obtained from this individual, an aquaintance, or family member. Clotilde Pitkin, daughter.
36. "The Descendants of John Drake" by Frank B. Gay, published by the Tuttle Company in 1933. This book includes much biographical information, wills and inventories.
37. Much information on the Drakes of England is available in "The Drake Family in England and America 1360 - 1895" by Louis Stoughton Drake, Boston, 1896.
38. Death Record. Death Record.
39. The Farwell Family
by John Dennis Farwell and Jane Harter Abbot
Published by Frederick Henry Farwell and Fanny Barber Farwell 1929
Printed by the Tuttle Company, Rutland, Vermont.
40. Information obtained from this individual, an aquaintance, or family member. Clotilde Pitkin and Mary Ann Wetherell, Granddaughters.
41. Ibid. Clotilde Pitkin and Mary Ann Wetherell, granddaughters of Charles Theodore Heilborn.
42. Birth Records of North Attleboro, MA.
43. Information obtained from this individual, an aquaintance, or family member. Clotilde Pitkin, daughter.
44. James E. Norton, 1916, "Some Norton and Wright Pedigrees," available at the Vermont Historical Library, Montpelier, Vermont.
45. The Hutchinson Family, by Perley Derby, Salem, Essex Institute Press, 1870, available at the Vermont Historical Library, Montpelier, Vermont.
46. Data on the ancestors of Abigail Kimball comes from a gedcom file in the Compuserve Genealogy forum. The file was contributed in 1994 by member #72604,3203.
47. All of the information in this database about the ancestors of Samuel
Livermore was obtained from a file in the genealogy forum of America On
Line (G.H. PILES Family), and I have not confirmed it. (November, 1994). -Caleb Pitkin.
48. Will of Nathaniel Loomis dated Jan. 6, 1729 is preserved at Hartford,
49. Information on the ancestors of Sarah Loomis comes from a gedcom file on the Compuserve Genealogy forum contributed in 1994 by Dorothy Stanley, 3969 Kenosha Ave., San Diego, Ca. 92117.
50. Letter from Donald McLeish to Malcolm Buchanan 1849. Vitals supplied by Allan from an unnamed internet source.
51. Information on the ancestors of Sarah Merrill comes from a gedcom file on the Compuserve Genealogy forum which was contributed in 1994 or 1995 by Kay Birkett, 48799 Meadow, Plymouth, Michigan, 48170.
52. Information on the ancestors of Mary Morse comes from Memorial of the Morses, Rev Abner Morse, 1850.
53. Parish Registers - Great Leighs (or Lees Magna), Essex, England.
54. Memorial History of Hartford County. Edward L. Osgood, Boston, 1886.
55. East Hartford Cong. Church Records.
56. Information collected, or authored, by Fred E. Pitkin in the course of his genealogical research, or in the preparation of "The History of Marshfield, Vermont," co-authored with Ozias C. Pitkin. "Ozias and Olive Pitkin, Their Family".
57. Letters, notes, and journals in the possession of Caleb Pitkin. Pitkin family correspondence 1923-1970.
58. East Hartford Gazette. 5/18/1983.
59. Max E. Sauerbry (member of Compuserve Genealogy forum).
60. Some of the information on the ancestors of Mary Rockwell in this database comes to me on a sheet which lists the following sources:
Rockwell, Donald Shumway, "Eleven Centuries of the Remote Ancestry of the Rockwell Family," 1914
Bayles, Harold F., "Fifty Seven Generations of the Ancestry of the Rockwell Family," 1930
Anne Taute, "The Kings and Queens of Great Britain; A Genealogical Chart Showing Their Descent and Relationships,".
61. Lowell, Massachussetts Death Records.
62. Information obtained from this individual, an aquaintance, or family member. David Smith, Grandson, Clara Smith, daughter, Barbara Carpenter, daughter-in-law.
63. Letters, notes, and journals in the possession of Caleb Pitkin. Lillian Shepard journals, pre-marriage.
64. Some information on the family of Cecil Town was provided by his son, Walter B. Town.
66. Will of Nathaniel White dated June 9th, 1623 referenced in:
"The Loomis Family In America"
A Brochure - Address delivered at the reunion of the Loomis Family
Association at Hartford, Connecticut, September 27, 1905
(Press of the Connecticut Magazine).